What was your favourite dish growing up? I was and still am definitely a lover for noodle/pasta dishes. It has always been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. I remember my mothers spaghetti bolognese and pasta bakes as being some of my favourite dinner time meals. In the past 3 years I have exploring many varieties of pasta and noodles in my dishes. There are so many different types now to choose from, we are blessed with so much variety. Lately I have using bean pasta’s like chick pea, mungbean, black bean and the list goes on. These bean pasta’s are so high in nutritional vitamins and are also high in protein and fibre, it is a fantastic alternative to wheat pasta. For this dish I used a brown rice vermicelli, which I found in the Asian sections at my local grocery store.
Recipe and Method
- 200g brown rice vermicelli noodles cooked as directed on packet.
Place into a frypan and cook off
- 1 sliced onion with a couple of tablespoons of coconut sugar.
Then add in
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 sliced capsicum
- 12 snow peas sliced in half
- 1 bunch broccolini chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Golden Turmeric Blend (depending on how strong your turmeric is)
- 3 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 3 tablespoon coconut amino sauce or tamari would be fine too
- Season with salt
Cook until veggies are just soft, if desired add a little salt and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and Enjoy!!