Chocolate is definetly are necessity of life! Since being vegan I have trialled many recipes based on many base ingredients including sweet potato, chick peas, vegan butter…..at the list goes on. I finely am quite happy with this one based on black beans and has around half the amount of sugar compared to other recipes.
It also is super easy – it is all blended in a food processor (besides the icing :)) Firstly, line a square baking pan (20.3 x 20.3) with greaseproof paper and pre heat your oven to 160 degree (fan-force).
You will need the following ingredients
- 1 can Black-beans – I use @absoluteorganics because their tins are BPA Free
- 1/2 cup Rice Malt Syrup/Maple
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup nut butter – I use a homemade cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste/extract
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1/3 cup Cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut/rapadura sugar – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup vegan choc chips
In a food processor blend together the first 5 ingredients until well combined. Now add the remaining ingredients besides the choc chips. Again blend together until combined – now stir in the choc chips and pour into your lined baking pan. Place in the oven and bake for around 35 – 40 minutes. The top should be a little crackled and have a light crunchy top – but may still feel a little soft in the middle if you press down too hard. Let your brownie sit out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes then place in the fridge so you can ice it!
Now for the icing place in a bowl
- 1/3 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
Whisk together for a minute – until combined. Now add in
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 heaped tablespoon of your fav plant based yoghurt.
Gentle whisk together all the ingredients – be careful not too over mix! (The oils will seperate)
Now pour the icing over your cooled brownie and grate some vegan chocolate over the top…..so good!! Keep in the fridge in an air tight container for as long as it lasts 🙂 This is delicious cooled – its a little fudgy! Or warm it up with berries and ice cream to totally indulge!
Please make sure you share and tag me in your recipe creations!