Oh my goodness time has gone by so quickly the past few months since restarting my wholesale business. I am so sorry it has been so long between posting recipes things have definitely been busy -especially now that I work from home. I do however enjoy being here for my girls more and hearing about their days after they get home from school while I am finishing off orders.
So I made this pasta a few weeks ago and as usual I love sharing this with loved ones. One of those lovely friends asked for the recipe so I am finally posting it!
So you will need the following ingredients –
- 250g pasta – I used @sanremo Spelt Spirals
- 1 medium – large sweet potato
- 3-4 field large mushrooms – cut into large cubes
- 1 leek – finely sliced
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes plus more to mix through the pasta
- 2 heaped tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup mylk
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar/rice malt syrup
- Your choice of fresh herb around 2 tablespoon. Basil, Rosemary, Dill are all yummy!!
Firstly peel and cut a medium sweet potato into cubes. Place on a baking tray with some EVO & salt. Bake at 180 degrees for around 30-40 minutes (depending on how large your cubes are!).
Next boil the pasta as directed by the packet – make sure you add EVO and a good pinch of salt. Drain and place back in the saucepan.
Now in a food processor blend together the cashew butter, mustard, garlic, mylk, nutritional yeast and the sundried tomatoes. Blend for a few minutes until it turns a pinky colour.
Pan fry off the mushroom and leek in some EVO and the coconut sugar – I add another teaspoon of garlic too, because I love garlic 🙂
Finally, pour the blended mixture into the pasta and stir through well. Now stir through all the cooked veggies and the herbs. Turn the pasta on a low – medium heat and stir gently until the pasta warms up and the sauce thickens. If it gets too thick just mix through some water. Now, season with salt & pepper and enjoy!!