A few years ago I went on my first detox which was advise by a naturopath. It was a vegan detox which lasted 6 weeks. I found myself with more energy and found it had positive benefits to my health – mentally and physically. The one thing I did miss was my creamy pasta dishes which I would crave sometimes. However after using cashew butter in my sweets I thought this would be a great in pasta blended down with coconut milk. My family and I were surprised how yummy this pasta dish was, it is definitely one of our favorites.
The chick pea fettuccine I used is good for you – especially in a vegan diet. It contains per serving 42g protein and 18g of fiber. It think is so important to look for alternatives in some foods like pasta which contain higher and better dietary minerals and vitamins. Bean pasta are an amazing source compared to regular wheat pasta. You can either make your own cashew butter by placing 250g of cashews in a thermomix and blending them for around 20 minutes, just keep scraping down the sides so everything gets blended properly. Or you can pick some up at your local health food shop. So the recipe and method is below enjoy this delicious pasta and please tag me in your creations 💜
- 250g of bean pasta
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 Lebanese eggplants
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 drops of doTERRA cilantro oil or your favourite herb
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or sunflower seeds
- Cook of your pasta in boiling water per instructions on the packet
- Chop Eggplants into cubes and place into over drizzled with olive oil and salt.Place into oven on moderate temperature and cook for around 15 – 20 minutes until soft and tender.
- Slice mushrooms and chop asparagus into thirds along the stalk and fry off them off in a fry pan with a little oil and salt. Place them into a bowl and set aside.
- In the frypan on a medium to low heat mix together the cashew butter, coconut milk and tomato paste until nice and smooth. The sauce will start to thicken turn the heat down to low and add in the eggplant mushrooms asparagus and the rest of the ingredients stir through the pasta. Enjoy! xo