Lime and Passionfruit Vegan Raw Slice
So a friend of mine had a heap of Passionfruits from her vine and asked me to make a slice to use a few of them up. After reading up on this fruit it was amazing to see how many health benefits this beautiful sweet fruit contains. Passionfruit are a great source of vitamin C which aids in the body delevoping resistance against flu-like infections. Also eating the whole passionfruit including the seeds are also a great way of getting your fibre intake and aids in digestion. Research has also shown that it is high in antioxidants which is great in elimating free radicals which are known for mutating the DNA of healthy cells into cancerous ones. I love how plant food benefit our bodies so much!
Ingredients & Method Base
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal.
- 1 cup coconut.
- 1/3 cup cashew butter.
- 3 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- Blend all these ingredients together and press into a lined slice pan
- 3 cups of soaked cashews in coconut milk (450g)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- Rind of one lime or lemon
- 2 teaspoon of psyllium husk
- Blend all these ingredients together for around 4-5 minutes until smooth. Pour over the base then scoop out 3-4 passionfruit and spread over the top. With a skewer or the end of a spoon gentle mix the passionfruit then sprinkle coconut over the top. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until set. Cut the slice and enjoy! This slice can also be frozen.